The internship programme is the activity of Dubrovnik Neretva region office in Brussels and possibility of training and learning about the European Union. The aim of this activity is to provide practical education for young people from Dubrovnik Neretva region and to improve their knowledge in the area of EU affairs.
The call for 2017 is open for the 8 young people (20 years and older), students or employees with university education, who are resident in the Dubrovnik-Neretva County and have a good knowledge in English.
Internship in the Representation Office of Dubrovnik Neretva region in Brussels will be organized in period of two weeks for the months of May, June, September and October 2017. The best candidates will be confirmed by the Commission no later than 30 days from the last day for receipt of applications
The activities for the young professionals in the office of Dubrovnik-Neretva County in Brussels are:
- Following the work of the EU institutions
- Preparing a short written informations
- Puting information on the website and newsletter office
- Participating in the meetings with office representative
- Assistance with the organization of delegations from Dubrovnik Neretva region
- Assistance in the preparation of correspondence between the regional office in Brussels and other partners and institutions in the EU
- Help in organizing conferences and seminars on the topic of EU funds and projects.
The Office in Brussels will provide a desk and a computer in the office, Internet, and phone that can be used only for the purpose of internship, but not private. Other expenses (travel, food, public transport ...) that the student will have during the internship will be covered by the student. Dubrovnik Neretva County will provide free accommodation in an apartment that is close to the EU institutions and the Office in Brussels.