In terms of the performance within the operation of international organizations, primarily those who reassemble regional levels of authority, Dubrovnik- Neretva County and regional development agency DUNEA are either members, or their representatives cooperate with numerous international organizations, initiatives and networks, the most important of which are:
- AER – The Assembly of European Regions, the association that reassembles over 250 regions from 25 countries, whose goal is their representation in European institutions;
- ERRIN – European Regions Research and Innovation Network with the total number of 120 stakeholders/regions;
- CORAL – an informal community of European regions aiming to improve regional policies for active and healthy ageing;
- ERIAF – The Association of European Regions for Innovation in Agriculture, Food and Forestry:
- CRPM – The Conference of Peripheral Maritime Regions of Europe;
- IRE- Institute of the Regions of Europe located in Salzburg;
- AE – The Adriatic Euroregion, established in Pula in 2006, with Prefect of Dubrovnik- Neretva county Nikola Dobroslavić as its Vice president,
- AREV – The Assembly of European Wine Regions,
- CEMR – The Council of European Municipalities and Regions,
- ARLEM – Euro-Mediterranean Regional and Local Assembly;
- AREPO – Association of European Regions for Products of Origin;
- INTERMED – the association of ports of Genoa (Liguria, Italy), Barcelona (Cataluña, Spain), Marseille (Provence-Alps-Cote d'Azur, France) with the goal of cooperation in infrastructure solutions, improvement in information transfer and the overall goal of promoting ports on the Mediterranean Sea.
The cooperation with listed organizations has its aim in encouraging economic, cultural, scientific and other forms of cooperation. Experience and new knowledge in various areas of regional development is being acquired based on the cooperation with international organizations. The aim of inclusion and participation in the work of these thematic partnership networks is to improve particular sectors, to meet the European regulations, good practices, to create partnerships with other regions and to create and implement joint development projects.
In addition to multilateral cooperation with international organizations in Brussels, DNC office has developed a relations on bilateral level with the EU regions, cities and municipalities as well as with other partner countries:
- Cooperation with the Belgian organizations that have shown interest in establishing the contacts with the DNC - cooperation on joint projects and the transfer of knowledge in entrepreneurship.
- Cooperation with Polish regions - the transfer of knowledge on the use of EU Structural Funds.
- Cooperation with the Italian regions of Molise, Abruzzo, Marche and Emilia Romagna with whom a cooperation agreement has been signed.
Bilateral relations with influential regions and membership in important international organizations have overtime led to prosperous cooperation in economy, or to concrete projects developed in cooperation with regions from abroad, based on different programs, particularly those on the cross-border cooperation.